Current Research Opportunities
Activity I, Student Participation in Research
Idali Martínez, Ph.D.
Department of Microbiology
Tel. (787) 758-2525 ext. 1354
- The RISE program has funds for 35 graduate students/year to participate in research projects in funded research laboratories. Students will be paid for the research activities conducted under the RISE program at a rate of $21.56. Graduates student are paid up to a maximum of 80hrs/month.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or U.S. national.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student in any of the University of Puerto Rico Campuses.
- The applicant must have a grade point average, and a science grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants must provide an official copy of their transcript.
- Student Mentors must provide evidence of external research support and submit the NIH Other Support form.
- Students who expect to complete their degree in a 6 month to 1 yr period must provide evidence of postdoctoral position applications.