Current Research Opportunities
Activity II, Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Seminar Series (IBRSS)
Dr. Jorge D. Miranda
Activity II Coordinator
Tel. (787) 758-2525 ext. 1615
To enhance the development of a productive research environment at the UPR-MSC by the establishment of a dynamic Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Seminar Series (IBRSS). This activity also will increase the interest, skills and competitiveness of students in pursuit of a career in any field of the biomedical sciences, resulting in an increase number of underrepresented minorities participating in biomedical and behavioral research.
- To assist UPR-MSC faculty, undergraduate and graduate students in the acquisition of state-of-the-art, forefront knowledge in interdisciplinary areas of the biomedical sciences.
- To increase the number of seminar presentations by productive biomedical scientists at major research laboratories outside Puerto Rico, from different disciplines of the biomedical and behavioral sciences, to a minimum of 12 per year.
- To promote the establishment of associations and networking between UPR-MSC faculty and productive biomedical scientists at major research laboratories that can provide grounds to initiate and maintain collaborative research projects.
- To stimulate the open discussion of diverse interdisciplinary research topics in the biomedical sciences between UPR-MSC graduate and undergraduate students and the visiting scientists from major research laboratories.
- To increase diversity of research groups and foster the creation of new interdisciplinary collaborative focus groups.